The MODMAT-15 modern performance rifle is redefining the NJ compliant AR type budget minded rifle. It is lightweight, good looking, reliable and affordable. With two models to choose from, the MODMAT-15 is the perfect range ready set up.
*shown in Cerakote MagPul(TM) Stealth Grey
- BARREL: 223/5.56, Mid-length, 14.5″, light Socom profile, 4140, Melonite/ Black Nitride, 1/8 twist, 0.082” gas port diameter
- RAIL: 12” aluminum alloy free float
- WEIGHT: 6 lbs. 9 ozs.
- OVERALL LENGTH: 32 7/8”
*Shown in Cerakote Multiregional Earth
- BARREL: 223/5.56, Mid-length, 16″, light Socom profile, 4140, Melonite/ Black Nitride, 1/8 twist, 0.078” gas port diameter
- RAIL: 15” aluminum alloy free float
- WEIGHT: 6 lbs. 10 ozs.
- OVERALL LENGTH: 34 3/8”
Both the MODMAT-15N 14.5″ and the MODMAT-15 16″ share the following features:
- STOCK: Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine – mil-spec
- TRIGGER: Mil-Spec (domestic)
- OPTIONAL TRIGGER: Hiperfire HIPERTOUCH(TM) EDT (additional charges apply)
- TRIGGER GUARD: Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
- FINISH: Cerakote; Multiregional Earth, Stealth Grey, Graphite Black, Burnt Bronze, Tungsten or Sniper Green
- OPTIONAL FINISH PATTERNS: MM Field Camo, MM Battle Distressed or MM Utility Camo (additional charges apply)
- Fully NJ Compliant
- MM Exit 5.56 Muzzle Brake virtually eliminates muzzle climb while shooting. Designed and manufactured in New Jersey.
- 95% of parts MADE IN AMERICA – 100% assembled and tested in NEW JERSEY. (We know!)
- Made from 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector.
- The free float flattop rail allows for easy installation of optics and KeyMod accessories.
- The 1:8” twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Remington ammunition. M4 feed ramps on both the barrel and upper receiver provide improved operational reliability.
- Ergonomic Magpul MOE (Magpul Original Equipment) pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A Black Nitride finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- The MOE Fixed Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec Model (Magpul Original Equipment) provides a fixed, non-collapsing stock option for mil-spec size carbine-length buffer tubes. It has a slim profile, improved cheek weld, and multiple sling attachment options, and is compatible with ASAP® Plates and PRS® Extended Rubber Butt-Pad.
- Also includes: One 15/30-round Mission First Tactical (MFT) magazine.
MSRP 2018: TBD
MagPul(TM) Stealth Grey
MM Field Camo in Stealth Grey
MM Battle Distressed in Multiregional Earth
MM Utility Camo